The analyst should have experience in financial analysis of companies.
We are also recruiting an analyst with experience in macro-economic supervisory stress-tests. For the desired qualifications of that profile please see “(Senior) Research analyst: Stress-testing”
2DII is supporting a range of financial supervisors in Europe, North America, South America, and Asia in the design and implementation of climate- and sustainability stress-tests and scenario analyses. Over the past 4 years, we have worked with financial supervisors supervising collectively over $20 trillion in assets under management. We are looking for a profile to help in the analytical development of stress-test models and scenarios, as well as their implementation with financial supervisors in the banking, pension fund and insurance sector. This is a research profile. We are looking for somebody interested in research and technical analysis.
The 2° Investing Initiative (2DII) is an international, non-profit think tank working to align financial markets and regulations with the Paris Agreement goals. We have been developing tools for the financial sector to better understand the impacts of climate change on the financial sector. This is available free of charge as a climate scenario analysis tool at www.transitionmonitor.com.
Your main assignment will be to co-design stress-test scenarios and methodologies, and support in their implementation, notably:
- Developing climate and sustainability stress-test scenarios and methodology that builds on the PACTA tool
- Researching third-party stress-test scenarios and implementing these in the stress-test software and online module currently under development
- Supporting our stakeholders and partners in the supervisory community in applying and interpreting the stress-test exercises.
- Working with the broader 2DII research team in the area of climate alignment models and climate impact modelling
- Masters Degree in Finance/Econometrics
- Experience in (i) company valuations and performance and the use of financial data to estimate stock performance (including but not limited to Discounted-Cash flow models) and/or (ii) experience in using credit risk models (including but not limited to Merton-Model, Moody’s KMV, etc.)
- Knowledge of key climate / energy related concepts (e.g. energy systems, electricity markets, GHG emissions accounting, etc.), and ideally their potential interactions with stock and bond performances
- CFA® or FRM® certification is a plus
- French working level is a plus
- Stakeholder management experience is a plus
- Experience in working on stress-tests is a plus (climate or mainstream)
- Experience in working for or with financial supervisory authorities or central banks is a plus
- Experience in R is a plus
- Project-management skills
- Willingness to apply even if you do not tick all the boxes!
We offer you:
- A dynamic team of developers, data scientists, analysts, and sustainable finance specialists passionate about the climate transition
- A mission that brings together technology and real-world impact
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and a family-friendly working environment
- Competitive salary subject to experience and office location
Interested in changing finance to tackle climate change? Contact us!
Please send your application (CV without picture and brief cover letter in English indicating your earliest possible start date and salary expectations) to: email@example.com and mention the reference of this ad in the subject line.
2° Investing Initiative is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunities and will take positive action to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants in the conduct of all business activities.
Job reference #: 2DII/UE/0920/ST-ANA-2