The program aims to incentivice financial institutions to allocate their research budgets from short-term to long-term research, and through that to contribute to more resilient financial markets and the integration of long-term sustainability and risk issues into today’s decision-making. The role involves managing relationships with institutional investors, marketing the workstream, and recruiting partners.
2DII is launching a new program focused on driving the reallocation of buy-side and sell-side research budgets to long-term risks. The program will seek to develop standards and taxonomy around the concept of “long-term research”. One concrete task involves the development of a commitment framework that will allow financial institutions to target reallocating their research budgets to long-term risk and sustainability issues.
We are looking for an experienced financial sector professional interested in working on long-term risk and sustainability topics. Ideally, the candidate has a strong network with financial sector professionals and is able to independently market concepts and research, as well as confidently present our vision and ideas at meetings, workshops, and conferences.
The 2° Investing Initiative (2DII) is an international, non-profit think tank working to align financial markets and regulations with the Paris Agreement goals.
Working globally with offices in Paris, New York, Berlin, and London, we coordinate the world’s largest research projects on climate metrics in financial markets. In order to ensure our independence and the intellectual integrity of our work, we have a multi-stakeholder governance and funding structure, with representatives from a diverse array of financial institutions, regulators, policymakers, universities, and NGOs.
Building on its research on climate risks in financial markets and partnerships with supervisory authorities, 2DII is expanding its work on long-term risk management and superivsion. The Investor Relations Manager is expected to play a key role in supporting this research theme at 2DII.
Your main assignment will be to oversee the design and roll-out of a new program and campaign focused on driving the reallocation of research budgets to “long-term research”. This involves
- Working with the research team to develop a taxonomy as to what qualifies as “long-term research”
- Marketing the concept to institutional investors
- Mobilize partners across industry associations, NGOs, and other critical stakeholders in international fora to support this program
- Recruit institutional investors to commit to this campaign
- Oversee the roll-out of the concept, including coordinating with PR and marketing partners and our internal comms team
- Experienced financial sector professional
- Solid understanding of either buy-side or sell-side research business model
- Experience on long-term risk issues e.g. climate change, nuclear risks, biohazards, social and military conflict
- People person with high emotional intelligence
- Willingness to apply even if you do not tick all the boxes!
We offer you:
- A dynamic team of developers, data scientists, analysts, and sustainable finance specialists passionate about sustainability goals and long-term risks
- A mission that brings together technology and impact
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and a family-friendly working environment
- Competitive salary subject to experience and office location
Interested in changing finance? Contact us!
Please send your application (CV without picture and brief cover letter in English indicating your earliest possible start date and salary expectations) to: email@example.com and mention the reference of this ad in the subject line.
2° Investing Initiative is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunities and will take positive action to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants in the conduct of all business activities.
Job reference #: 2DII/UE/0920/IRM