The 2° Investing Initiative (2DII) is an independent, non-profit think tank working to align financial markets and regulations with the Paris Agreement goals. Globally focused with offices in Paris, Berlin, London, and Brussels, 2DII coordinates some of the world’s largest research projects on sustainable finance. Our work is focused around four main research streams: Retail Investing; PACTA/Climate Scenario Analysis; Impact; and Long-term Risk Management and Supervision.
In France, 2DII has been a key player in the climate finance field since it was launched 10 years ago. We have been strongly involved in the development of the Article 173, co-organised the International Climate Reporting Awards since 2016, co-lead the drafting of the ISO14097 norm on sustainable finance and recently launched MyFairMoney, the first European independent and free online platform for sustainable retail investors. We are also a strong contributor to Finance ClimAct, an EU funded project coordinated by Ademe that aims to replicate the European Sustainable Finance action plan in France.
We are looking for an experienced professional that will help us ensuring the development of our activities in France, coordinating the implementation of our projects/research programs locally and representing the organisation externally.
The successful candidate will be fluent in French and English.
- Contributing to the development of our long-term strategy;
- Contributing to the growth of the organisation by developing new technical research projects and leading the response to calls for proposals;
- Delivering and managing global research projects: developing the strategy, vision, operational plan and managing the team, partners and external stakeholders;
- Maintaining and strengthening relationships with the investment community in Europe, in particular in France;
- Public speaking at events and conferences representing 2DII as a subject matter expert;
- Leading the production of technical deliverables and reports;
- Supporting the development of 2DII’s membership services.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Good written and verbal skills in French and English
- Thorough understanding of climate finance related topics
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Strong project-management skills
- Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on being able to explain technical concepts in a simple manner
- Experience in working for or with financial institutions
- Experience fundraising for a non-profit
- Deep knowledge of key climate / energy related concepts (e.g. energy systems, electricity markets, GHG emissions accounting, etc.) a plus
- Deep knowledge of finance a plus
- Willingness to apply even if you do not tick all the boxes!
We offer you:
- A dynamic team of developers, data scientists, analysts, and sustainable finance specialists passionate about the climate transition
- A mission that brings together technology and impact
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and a family-friendly working environment
- An environment for growth and collaboration with people from different backgrounds
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
Interested in changing finance to tackle climate change? Contact us!
Please send your application (CV without picture and brief cover letter in English indicating your earliest possible start date) to: email@example.com.
2° Investing Initiative is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunities and will continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and our applicants in the conduct of all business activities.
Please note we are only able to accept candidates who are eligible to work in the EU.