While the impact potential of retail investors in Europe is huge the market fails to appropriatly address this demand. To address this , 2DII launched MyFairMoney in October 2020, a new public and non-commercial platform to help retail investors to inverst more sustainably.
Besides, in April 2020, 2DII launched the Climate Impact Management System, an impactful and innovative framework which will help financial institutions to manage the real-world impact of their investment. The next step will be to turn this framework into a public and non-commercial online tool.
We are looking for a profile to join our growing team and lead the development of the MyFairMoney and the Climate Impact Management System to mobilize the retail savings for the sustainable transformation and allow the implementation of the Impact Management Framework. It requires excellent skills in digital product development, close collaboration with the users and management of the webdeveloper and data providers to build the tools. This role is therefore a combination of product development, stakeholder management, and project management – including being able to communicate with internal and external stakeholders and service providers. This role is an excellent opportunity to have an immediate impact in a rapidly expanding field – sustainable investment – and to join one of the most well-recognized think tanks in the sector.
The 2° Investing Initiative (2DII) is an international, non-profit think tank working to align financial markets and regulations with the Paris Agreement goals. Our cutting edge Retail Investing Research Program combines data-driven research, legal analysis, product development, and communications tools to integrate sustainability into the retail investing market. As cross-cutting research program 2DII’s Impact Research Program sheds light on the question how investors can contribute to the Paris Agreement goals and reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the real economy.
Your main assignment will be to lead the tool development and support in the stakeholder management, notably:
- Leading the development of specification documents (SPECs) and mockups for the tools
- Driving in the continuous conceptual improvement of the tools
- Managing the technical implementation with the internal team and external service providers, in particular web-developers and data providers
- Managing internal and external progress to achieve project goals
- Gathering and implementing user feedback from retail investors and financial institutions throughout the process of developing the tools
- Exchanging and collaborating with other tool providers to identify and use synergies (we do not want to re-invent the wheel)
- Developing/mantaining the data infrastructure of the tools
- Presentating the tool and the functionalities in webinars and conferences
- Working with the broader 2DII research team working in the area of climate alignment models and climate impact frameworks
- Strong skills in digital product development
- Strong experience in tech product design, in particular in writing tool specificication documents
- Strong experience in managing third parties, in particular web-developers (front-end and back-end)
- Strong experience in UX, UI and design thinking
- Knowledge of programming language (ideally Typo3) and full stack development
- Experience in the financial sector or in climate-related topics is a plus
- Knowledge of key climate / energy related concepts (e.g. energy systems, electricity markets, GHG emissions accounting, etc.) is beneficial
- Willingness to apply even if you do not tick all the boxes!
We offer you:
- A dynamic team of developers, data scientists, analysts, and sustainable finance specialists passionate about the climate transition
- A mission that brings together technology and impact
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and a family-friendly working environment
- An environment for growth and collaboration with people from different backgrounds
- Flexibility on remote working
- Competitive salary subject to experience and office location
Interested in changing finance to tackle climate change? Contact us!
Please send your application (CV without picture and brief cover letter in English indicating your earliest possible start date and salary expectations) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2° Investing Initiative is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunities and will take positive action to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants in the conduct of all business activities. We provide equal opportunities to all individuals regardless of religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.