The EU has an ambitious agenda to re-engineer financial markets, overhaul existing legislation and create new tools to mainstream ESG. The Sustainable Investment Forum Europe 2020, in official partnership with UNEP-FI will return to Paris for the third time in March. This timely forum will discuss and debate the alignment of the various initiatives to develop compatible markets for ESG, and encourage responsible, sustainable investment across asset classes and across borders. There are many challenges ahead when mobilising capital for a 1.5 degree target, the increasing demand for transparent, sustainable investment with good returns in the new era of historically low interest rates, climate change, Trump and Brexit.
Our director, Simon Messenger, will be moderating the session, Overcoming the data challenge: approaches and methods when dealing with diverse data.
- Systematic strategies a force for good in responsible investment?
- What are the effects on portfolio risks and returns?
- The roles of quants and tech including AI and machine learning in institutional portfolios
- Overcoming problems associated with lack of standardised assessments for ESG data
- Willem John Keogh, Managing Director & Head of ESG / Thematic Qontigo STOXX
- Andrew Steel, Managing Director & Global Head of Sustainable Finance, Fitch Ratings