During Paris for Tomorrow week, 2°ii and Beyond Ratings are organizing an event to discuss the financing of the energy transition and to launch a new proprietary tool: the Climate Tech Compass. Developed with support from EIT Climate-KIC, the Climate Tech Compass enables governments, corporates, and financial institutions to align their investments and policies with the Paris Agreement goals. The audience will be invited to participate in panel discussions on the following topics:
1. Transition strategies: How can we accelerate the energy transition through innovative investment strategies and products?
2. Transition monitoring: What are the indicators and tools available to track progress and ensure our actions are taking us toward greater alignment with the Paris Climate Goals?
- Learn about the new online platform, the Climate Tech Compass, developed by Beyond Ratings and 2°ii
- Hear from financial institutions leading the way in terms of investment strategies and metrics to track progress for financing the energy transition, as well as NGOs pushing the ambition of climate-aligned finance
- Participate in envisioning next steps to make progress on financing a low-carbon economy
What is it about?
This event will mark the launch of Climate Tech Compass, developed in partnership with Beyond Ratings as part of an EIT Climate-KIC project. The platform will enable key stakeholders to map the technology transition and investments necessary to achieve the 2°C target. The data is available at country and sector level, therefore allows the integration into key stakeholders’ operational process and investment decisions.
We invite participants of this event to imagine, discuss and reflect on the progress required in the coming years as well as innovative strategies, actions or metrics that can take us there. The panel discussions and the Climate Tech Compass platform launch will be followed by a buffet and time for further conversation.
10:00 – 10:45: Financing the Transition: How can we accelerate the energy transition through innovative investment strategies and products?
10:45 – 11:15: Launch of the Climate Tech Compass platform
Live demo of the platform and Q&As
11:15 – 12:00: Monitoring the Transition: What are the indicators and tools available to track progress and ensure our actions are taking us towards greater alignment with the Paris Climate Goals?
12 – 13:00: Buffet Lunch and Networking
The Climate Tech Compass has received funding from EIT Climate-KIC.