The 2° Investing Initiative (2DII) is an independent, non-profit think tank working to align financial markets and regulation with international Climate and Nature goals. Our work concentrates on four main research areas: Nature Finance, Retail Investing, Impact and emerging markets.
In France, 2DII has been a key player in the climate finance field since it was launched 10 years ago. We were strongly involved in the development of the Article 173, co-organised the International Climate Reporting Awards since 2016, co-lead the drafting of the ISO14097 standard on sustainable finance and recently launched the Climate impact management system as part of our evidence for impact program. We are also a strong contributor to Finance ClimAct, an EU funded project coordinated by Ademe to replicate the European Sustainable Finance Action Plan in France.
We are looking for an Analyst Intern to support the Head of Nature finance. The intern will participate to the elaboration of two research reports related to the financing of biodiversity protection and conservation. The Analyst Intern will conduct research related to topics about the regulatory framework at French and EU level and practices of financial institutions.
Participation in a European project to produce two research papers linked to the
financing of the protection and conservation of biodiversity;
Ad hoc research to support the work of the Head of Nature finance;
Media monitoring to track key news about finance and biodiversity and share with the team.
Essential skills and qualifications:
>> This position requires:
● A degree in law or business (finance) or economics
● Strong analytical skills
● Knowledge or strong interest in the reporting on the dependencies and impacts of
financial and economic players on biodiversity (TNFD, SFDR, CSRD…)
● Excellent written and verbal skills in both French and English
● Organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
>> Desired skills:
● Knowledge of and/or a strong interest in issues relating to the financing of biodiversity protection and conservation (Kunming-Montreal global biodiversity framework, European regulations relating to sustainable finance such as the European Taxonomy, financing nature-based solutions, financing the transition of the agricultural sector, etc.).
● Knowledge and/or strong interest in the assessment and management of financial risks related to biodiversity loss (tools and data processing).
● Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
● Willingness to apply even if you do not tick all the boxes!
We offer you:
● A dynamic team of researchers, analysts and sustainable finance specialists passionate about the climate and nature transition.
● A unique opportunity to learn on various topics and work with a high level of autonomy and build your network.
● A mission that brings together finance, economics, and nature.
● Flexibility in terms of working hours and a family-friendly working environment.
● An environment for growth and collaboration with people from different backgrounds.
Interested in using your skills and knowledge in finance to tackle the loss of biodiversity ?
Start date: As soon as possible
What: A 2-month internship. Please note that this internship is unpaid.
Please send your application quoting 2DII-AI-012024 (CV without picture and one-page cover letter in English indicating your earliest possible start date) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2° Investing Initiative is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunities and will continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants in the conduct of all business activities.
Please note we are only able to accept candidates who are eligible to work in the EU.