The two areas we want to focus on first are:
- Building a data dictionary for our public-facing database, intended for our external data users including data scientists, engineers and other technical staff.
- Documenting our methodologies for sourcing, preparing and summarizing data, intended for both technical and non-technical audiences.
This is the first set of technical documentation that we will be building, so we are looking for someone who can guide us through best practices and is capable of working with our development team to bootstrap our knowledge base. This is a great opportunity to help shape our technical documentation process.
Your day-to-day work will consist of interviewing our development and data teams, collecting their responses and their work, and synthesizing these into documents our clients can easily understand and use as they integrate our services into their own product. Our team keeps mostly European and US Eastern working hours, but all time zones are welcome to apply. We prefer our documentation in a plaintext format such as Markdown or AsciiDoc, but we are open to others.
This job will start as a short term contract, and might lead to full time employment. The initial contract is for a fixed-scope engagement, focusing on the documentation projects listed above. We estimate that this initial project will require 15-20 days, including interviews with our technical staff and preparation of the documentation.
The 2° Investing Initiative (2DII) is an international, non-profit think tank working to align financial markets and regulations with the Paris Agreement goals. We recently set up Asset Resolution, a data spin-off. Asset Resolution’s mission is to optimise the accessibility and use of physical asset-level data for climate analyses in the financial sector. Find out more: https://asset-resolution.com/
- Previous experience writing end-user documentation or data dictionaries.
- Experience conducting interviews with developers.
- Experience with plaintext formatting.
- Must be legally employable in the US, France, or Germany.
Preferred (not necessary, but they help)
- Experience with Static Site Generators and other documentation tools.
- Experience with Diagramming tools.
- Familiarity with Git.
- Familiarity with SQL (we use PostgreSQL).
- Familiarity with R.
- Familiarity with ER diagrams.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work with team members in various locations and time zones.
- French language is a plus.
We offer you:
- A dynamic team of developers, data scientists, analysts, and sustainable finance specialists passionate about the climate transition.
- A mission that brings together technology and impact.
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and location.
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from female and minority candidates.
We are looking for someone to start ASAP. Please tell us in less than 300 words why we should hire you, and send your CV and a sample of your writing to email@example.com.