The aim of the long-term risk management and supervision team is to integrate the management of long-term risks, especially those related to climate change, into financial markets and supervisory practices. By providing free, open-source, online tools to measure and monitor climate related risks, we aim to enable capacity building among financial institutions. We aim for generation of R-packages, published on CRAN that drive both, on-site tools at financial institutions and free online services and applications.
As this journey involves research on data sources, modelling of climate hazards and shock scenarios, coding of robust software and usable interfaces as well as vivid collaborations with external partners, we focus strongly on an interdisciplinary team. Building on 2DII’s focus on financial markets, and the success of the toolset for alignment measurements (PACTA), the program has the following two objectives: a) to make financial markets more resilient towards climate related risks and b) to shift financial institutions to actively contribute to reducing long-term risks by, for example, placing funds into financing climate mitigation projects.
The 2° Investing Initiative (2DII) is an independent, non-profit think tank working to align financial markets and regulations with the Paris Agreement goals. We have been developing tools for the financial sector to better understand the impacts of climate change on the financial sector. This is available free of charge as a climate scenario analysis tool at www.transitionmonitor.com and on https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=r2dii.analysis.
Role and responsibilities:
- Development of online apps (for example in R Shiny) that enable users to explore and modify risk scenarios, to apply the 2DII toolset to their input portfolios, and to play with results to understand sensitivities.
- These applications are built on top of our open-source R-packages to which you will also contribute.
- Collaboration with other software developers at 2DII and worldwide stakeholders to create and maintain a tool that is user friendly and appealing to its users institutional investors and supervisors/regulators.
- Experience in coding of dashboards or apps that visually condense the information of data.
- Strong experience in R.
- Ability to self-organize and sense for scientific methods.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
- Understanding of finance or a desire to learn.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following fields is a plus:
- a) scenario and stress testing activities
- b) monetary policy and financial supervision
- c) sustainable financial policies
- Willingness to apply even if you do not tick all the boxes!
- A dynamic team of developers, data scientists, analysts with various scientific backgrounds and sustainable finance specialists – all passionate about the climate transition
- A mission that brings together technology and impact
- An agile work environment, cooperative team culture
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and a family-friendly working environment
- Centrally located office space in Berlin & everything set to work remotely.
- Competitive salary subject to experience and office location
The application deadline is May 1st. Please send your application letter to jobs[at]2degrees-investing.org with information on your availability/start date, a CV without a picture, and a short cover letter.
2° Investing Initiative is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunities and will take positive action to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants in the conduct of all business activities.