- Research Internship at 2° Investing Initiative – one of the largest independent think tanks in the finance sector, focused on integrating long-term risks and policy objectives into financial markets, with a focus on climate
- Perform research work in a new and challenging field: the development of a new generation of metrics to measure the climate performance of financial portfolios and associated financial risk, the related reporting by financial institutions and the national and European regulations on the topic.
- Perform analysis work to support this research through the review of financial institutions reporting and the promotion of the best practices identified.
- Support the project manager in organisational tasks such as setting up research plans, tools developments, workshops, organization of events and basic communications.
Who are you?
- High-level education and degree, generally in a scientific field, and in most cases some previous experience.
- Good level of understanding of capital markets or a desire to learn, especially with an interest in issues related to climate change and the energy technology transition to a low-carbon economy
- Strong interest and curiosity for the intellectual aspects of climate and energy issues, solid general knowledge of these subjects and interest in the underlying economic and financial aspects.
- Sound understanding of key climate/energy related concepts (e.g. electricity markets, GHG emissions accounting, mitigation scenarios, etc.)
- Capacity to work independently as well as in a team spirit
- Excellent written and verbal skills in French and English
Who are we?
- Leading think tank at the intersection of climate change, finance, and long-term risks, with offices in Paris, New York, London, Berlin, and Brussels
- Team of 40+ focused on developing climate and long-term risks metrics for finance; strengthening consumer protection on finance-related sustainability preferences; and driving the development of long-term supervision designed to strengthen the common good
- Lead developer of the PACTA model (transitionmonitor.org), used by over 1,500 organizations around the world, including financial supervisors in Japan, California, and Europe.
- More information at: http://www.2degrees-investing.org/
What do we offer?
- A dynamic team of smart, motivated people working on sustainability issues
- A mission-driven internship opportunity free of commercial conflicts of interest
- Opportunities for skills growth and independent development
- Immediate exposure to industry and policy leaders in the sustainable finance industry in developed and emerging markets
- A salary of €1,000
Interested in changing finance to fight climate change? Contact us! Please send your application (CV and cover letter) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Note: For this internship we can only consider candidates enrolled at universities that provide an internship agreement (“convention de stage”) and the ability to work in France.