The successful candidate will work on adapting and implementing stress-testing and scenario analysis tools, in partnership with central and development banks, financial supervisors and financial institutions. They should ideally have a good understanding of climate-related metrics and first experience in project management.
2DII is supporting a range of stakeholders in South America, Africa, and Asia to design and implement frameworks and tools to integrate climate change considerations, especially stress-testing and climate scenario analysis tools. Notably, over the past 2 years, we have worked with supervisory authorities, industry associations and banks in emerging markets to adapt and implement a scenario analysis and stress testing tool. As the program grows, we are looking for a profile to help with the analytical development frameworks and tools that support the use of stress testing and scenario analysis tools, as well as their implementation with different stakeholders in the banking, pension fund and insurance sectors.
This is a research profile with project management responsibilities. We are looking for somebody interested in technical analysis and stakeholder management.
The 2° Investing Initiative (2DII) is an international, non-profit think tank working to align financial markets and regulations with the Paris Agreement goals. We have been developing a number of tools for the financial sector to better understand the impacts of climate change. Our flagship climate scenario analysis tool, the Paris Agreement Capital Transition Assessment, is available free of charge on www.transitionmonitor.com.
Your main assignment and responsibilities will be to:
- support the adaptation and implementation of stress testing and scenario analysis tools with partners in emerging markets as well as the analysis of results
- lead the analytical development of frameworks and tools that enable the integration of climate change considerations by partners
- manage the planning and resourcing of the projects as well as the relationship with the partners
- represent 2DII in relevant fora
- work with the broader 2DII research teams in climate modelling
- Masters Degree in Economics/Econometrics/Finance/Environmental Modelling
- Experience in the application of climate-related frameworks and tools
- Stakeholder and project management experience
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of financial markets and products
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese is a strong plus
- Experience in working for or with financial supervisory authorities or industry associations is a plus
- Basic experience in R is a plus
- Willingness to apply even if you do not tick all the boxes!
We offer you:
- A dynamic team of developers, data scientists, analysts, and sustainable finance specialists passionate about the climate transition
- A mission that brings together technology and real-world impact
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and a family-friendly working environment
- Competitive salary subject to experience and location
Interested in changing finance to tackle climate change? Contact us!
Please send your application (CV without picture and brief cover letter in English indicating your earliest possible start date) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference of this ad in the subject line.
2° Investing Initiative is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunities and will take positive action to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants in the conduct of all business activities.
Job Ref: 2DII/UE/0121/EM-PM