2DII coined the concept of aligning investment portfolios with climate objectives a full three years before the Paris Agreement. In 2018, this culminated in the launch of the open-source Paris Agreement Capital Transition Assessment (PACTA) methodology and accompanying free online tool to assess the alignment of corporate bonds and listed equities.
The logical next step, after measuring portfolio (and client) alignment, is to move from reporting and measuring portfolio alignment to contributing to positive change in the real economy by implementing climate actions designed to create impact. 2DII launched its Evidence for Impact workstream to develop an Impact Management framework to guide financial institutions in the process of setting and implementing impact-oriented climate strategies. The framework will be accompanied by newly created turn-key tools. All E4I outputs will reflect the current state of scientific knowledge and have the goal to maximize financial institutions’ contribution to the climate transition.
In April 2020, 2DII launched the Evidence for Impact Working Group with 45 participants, the majority of whom are financial institution representatives; it also includes academics, think tanks, NGOs and two supervisory representatives. The working group has the objective to push the market towards evidence-based target setting, be vocal about applying best-practices, and function both as role models as well as disseminators of the Impact Management framework and related tools.
We are looking for a profile to join our growing E4I team and lead the development of the suite of tools to allow the implementation of the Impact Management Framework. It requires close collaboration with the users, i.e. financial institutions and other relevant stakeholders (e.g. NGO’s, framework providers and policy makers) on the one hand, and on the other hand managing the webdeveloper to build the tools. This role is therefore a combination of product development, stakeholder management, and project management – including being able to communicate with internal and external stakeholders and educate them on the E4I tools.
The 2° Investing Initiative (2DII) is an international, non-profit think tank working to align financial markets and regulations with the Paris Agreement goals. We have been developing tools for the financial sector to better understand the impacts of climate change on the financial sector. This is available free of charge as a climate scenario analysis tool at www.transitionmonitor.com.
Your main assignment will be to lead the tool development and support in the stakeholder management, notably:
- Turning the research findings and framework into tools that allow financial institutions to implement the climate contribution & strategy framework currently under development by 2DII
- Develop the specification documents (SPECs) for the tools
- Contract and manage thirds party providers, in particular web-developer, to build the tools
- Gather and implement user feedback throughout the process of developing the tools
- Exchange and collaborate with other framework providers to identify and use synergies (we do not want to re-invent the wheel)
- Support our stakeholders and partners in applying and interpreting tools
- Coordinate with the data team to update the underlying datasets of the Evidence 4 Impact tools
- Working with the broader 2DII research team working in the area of climate alignment models and climate impact frameworks
- Thorough understanding of, or otherwise strong interest in, assessment and evidence for impact of financial institutions climate action, existing frameworks, and challenges
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Strong project-management skills
- Experience in managing third parties, in particular web-developers (front-end and back-end)
- Experience in tech product design a strong plus, in particular in writing tool specficication documents or the strong interest in learning it
- Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on being able to explain technical concepts in a simple manner
- Experience in working for or with financial institution or impact framework providers is a plus
- Experience in climate-related topics is a plus
- Knowledge of key climate / energy related concepts (e.g. energy systems, electricity markets, GHG emissions accounting, etc.) is beneficial
- Experience in any programming language or front-end development is a plus
- Knowledge of finance
- Willingness to apply even if you do not tick all the boxes!
We offer you:
- A dynamic team of developers, data scientists, analysts, and sustainable finance specialists passionate about the climate transition
- A mission that brings together technology and impact
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and a family-friendly working environment
- An environment for growth and collaboration with people from different backgrounds
- Competitive salary subject to experience and office location
Interested in changing finance to tackle climate change? Contact us!
Please send your application (CV without picture and brief cover letter in English indicating your earliest possible start date and salary expectations) to: email@example.com.
2° Investing Initiative is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunities and will take positive action to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants in the conduct of all business activities. We provide equal opportunities to all individuals regardless of religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.