This position is a newly created role, with the objective to expand 2DII’s activities in the Emerging Markets. The role includes strategy development, fundraising, stakeholder management, oversight of projects in emerging markets, and coordination with various research heads and project managers in the organization.
2DII’s Emerging Markets Program started in 2018 with an initial focus in Latin America, where we partner with a number of supervisory authorities, industry associations, NGOs, investors, and banks. We are now looking for a person to lead the expansion of our work in emerging markets.
The position is advertised as a full-time position, but it can also be filled by an 80% employee. While there is flexibility in terms of location, as the program consolidates, we expect the candidate to be willing to be based in an ODA recipient country (with preference for Colombia or Mexico).
- Fundraising, development, and stakeholder engagement, including the development and implementation of a fundraising strategy in emerging markets, the expansion of 2DII’s operations, and the management of existing and new partnerships in coordination with other research program heads
- Devise and implement our Emerging Markets strategy, in coordination with heads, leads, and other relevant stakeholders of the 2DII network.
- Lead the delivery of contractual commitments related to our emerging markets grants. This includes managing grant budget allocation to each thematic program, as well as reporting to the funder.
- Contribute or lead project outputs (e.g. reports, tools, policy papers), in coordination with the research program heads.
- Represent 2DII at external events
- Line manager for staff in the Emerging Markets program
Qualifications and skills
- At least 10 years’ relevant professional experience in sustainable finance and a proven track record of engaging successfully with financial market participants on these matters.
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge on the intersection between financial markets and climate change.
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising, setting up consortiums, and grants management
- Experience in stakeholder management, particularly with supervisory authorities, central banks, and governments, is a plus.
- Excellent ability to analyze and to effectively communicate complex ideas.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Experience in team management, ideally managing teams in small organizations.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English. Spanish is a plus.
What we offer:
A dynamic team with a passion for our mission of aligning finance with climate goals
Family-friendly working environment (80% job possible)
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and location
The application deadline is March 1st. Please send your application letter to jobs[at]2degrees-investing.org with information on your availability/start date, a CV without a picture, and a short cover letter.
2° Investing Initiative is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunities and will take positive action to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants in the conduct of all business activities.