Your position will cover a wide range of responsibilities and you will be exposed to numerous interesting topics in the field of sustainable finance. This is an exciting opportunity to learn more about this issue in a leading think tank and to experience executive responsibilities.
The 2° Investing Initiative (2DII) is an independent, non-profit think tank working to align financial markets and regulations with the Paris Agreement goals.
Globally focused with offices in Paris, Berlin, New York, London and Brussels, 2DII coordinates some of the world’s largest research projects on climate metrics in financial markets. In order to ensure our independence and the intellectual integrity of our work, we have a multi-stakeholder governance and funding structure, with representatives from a diverse array of financial institutions, regulators, policymakers, universities, and NGOs.
Our work is centered around four core research programs: Retail Investing, PACTA/Climate Scenario Analysis, Impact, and Long-term Risk Metrics and Supervision.
You will work closely with the Managing Director of our French entity, becoming his “right hand” and supporting him with his daily responsibilities, including:
- Defining and monitoring the implementation of the French entity’s strategy to report to the French Board
- Structuring processes to ensure proper implementation, management, and monitoring of our projects
- Managing the team, formalizing HR processes, ensuring recruitments, monitoring performance and well-being
- Fundraising including identification of call for tenders, liaising with funders, recruiting new members and drafting proposals
- Promoting the entity by mapping events opportunities, identifying potential partners, and managing relations with our network
To succeed in this position, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Studying (Master’s level) in a business school and ready to spend 1 full year (ideally 2) within our Association (e.g. 4th and 5th years of your studies)
- Very good written and verbal skills in French and English
- Highly organized, hard-working with a strong work ethic
- Must be able to multi-task and adapt to changes in plans / shifting priorities
- Natural ability to get things done. You qualify as an “doer”
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple competing deadlines.
- Willingness to apply even if you don’t tick all the boxes!
We offer you:
- A dynamic, international team passionate about the climate transition
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and a family-friendly working environment
- Chance to grow and collaborate with experts in their field from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Opportunity to have an immediate impact in a rapidly expanding field – sustainable investment – and to join one of the most well-recognized think tanks in the sector.
Interested in changing finance to tackle climate change? Contact us!
Please send your application (CV without picture) and brief cover letter in English indicating your earliest possible start date) to: email@example.com. Please feel free to include any examples or case studies of relevant previous work.
2° Investing Initiative is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunities and will take positive action to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants in the conduct of all business activities. We provide equal opportunities to all individuals regardless of religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.