During the first 6-12 months of employment, you will focus particularly on expanding our sustainable investing resource platform, MeinFairMögen/“MyFairMoney” in France and across Europe. For more information on the platform, please click here. The Retail Investing team and Communications Manager are based in 2° Investing Initiative (2DII)’s Berlin, Paris, and London offices.
The candidate will also implement communications and project management work for other programs as needed.
This role is an excellent opportunity to have an immediate impact in a rapidly expanding field – sustainable investment – and to join one of the most well-recognized think tanks in the sector. You’ll have the chance to apply your social media and communications skills to one of the first resource platforms of its kind, while collaborating with comms & sustainable finance specialists at 2DII as well as partner organizations (leading universities, UN agencies, financial institutions, and more).
The 2° Investing Initiative (2DII) is an independent, non-profit think tank working to align financial markets and regulations with the Paris Agreement goals.
Globally focused with offices in Paris, Berlin, New York, London and Brussels, 2DII coordinates some of the world’s largest research projects on climate metrics in financial markets. In order to ensure our independence and the intellectual integrity of our work, we have a multi-stakeholder governance and funding structure, with representatives from a diverse array of financial institutions, regulators, policymakers, universities, and NGOs.
Our work is centered around five core research programs: Retail Investing; PACTA/Climate Scenario Analysis; Emerging Markets; Impact; and Long-term Risk Management and Supervision. 2DII’s Retail Investing Program focuses on legal & market research, policy advocacy, development of tools to enable responsible investment as well as communication campaigns.
You will focus on the operational implementation of comms initiatives designed by our Senior Communications Consultant for 2DII’s Retail Investing program as well as other projects on an as-needed basis. Certain initiatives will be led solely by 2DII while others will be carried out with partner organizations (leading universities, UN agencies, financial institutions). In the second situation, you will cooperate with comms teams from our partner institutions.
50-75% of your time will be devoted to the Retail Investing Program and 25-50% will be devoted to other 2DII programs. Your activities will include but not be limited to:
- Implementing integrated social media, digital and off-line media communications programs for the expansion of MyFairMoney in relevant markets, as well as for other comms activities as needed
- Implementing social media/digital/ off-line media campaigns focused around key external and internal milestones (e.g. website launch, report launches, COP26, TV documentary, etc.)
- Serving as the main social voice (‘community manager’) for MyFairMoney across all channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) as well as contributing to 2DII’s social media outreach
- Creating content to help amplify our messaging and reach our primary audiences
- Engaging in comments/conversations with target audiences and answering potential questions
- Crafting surveys, email marketing, newsletters, and other content designed to help build and engage with a strong user base
- Liaising with web agency to address bugs, update information, and implement new features as required for the MyFairMoney CMS or for the 2DII CMS
- Assisting with the organization of events, webinars, etc.
Note: depending on your autonomy & experience level in the above fields, you may get active support from our Senior Communications Consultant and/or our Communications Manager, in a co-production environment.
To succeed in this position, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Studying (master’s level) in a communications school (such as ISCOM, INSEEC-U, ISEG) or business school with a sustainability focus; available to spend one full year (ideally two) within our association (e.g. 4th and 5th year of your studies)
- Excellent written and verbal skills in French and English
- Previous experience (or at least a willingness to learn quickly!) with social media & digital channels: content creation, posting, community management, developing engaging on-brand content (copy, visuals, etc.) for social media
- Basic knowledge of design tools (such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, etc.), social media management platforms (e.g. Hootsuite) and analytics tools (such as Google Analytics)
- Capacity to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple competing deadlines
- Permission to work in France and/or Germany
- Willingness to apply even if you don’t tick all the boxes!
Appreciated, but not required:
- Experience developing video content
- Experience with CMS, particularly WordPress and/or Squarespace
- Knowledge of (or at least willingness to learn about) climate change and finance issues
We offer you:
- A dynamic, international team passionate about the climate transition
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and a family-friendly working environment
- Chance to grow and collaborate with experts in their field from a wide variety of backgrounds
Interested in changing finance to tackle climate change? Contact us! Please send your application (CV without picture and brief cover letter in English indicating your earliest possible start date) to: email@example.com. Please feel free to include any examples or case studies of relevant previous work.
2° Investing Initiative is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunities and will take positive action to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants in the conduct of all business activities. We provide equal opportunities to all individuals regardless of religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.