During the first 6-12 months of employment, you will focus particularly on supporting the expansion of our sustainable investing resource platform, MeinFairMögen/“MyFairMoney” in France and across Europe. For more information on the platform, please click here.
The Senior Consultant will work primarily with the Retail Investing (RI) team and Communications Manager, who are based in 2DII’s Paris, Berlin and London offices. In addition to the Retail Investing Program, the candidate will also contribute to communications work for other 2DII programs as needed.
This role is an excellent opportunity to have an immediate impact in a rapidly expanding field – sustainable investment – and to join one of the most well-recognized think tanks in the sector. You’ll have the chance to apply your skills to one of the first resource platforms of its kind, while collaborating with sustainable finance experts at 2DII as well as partner organizations (leading universities, UN agencies, financial institutions, and more).
The successful candidate will be fluent in French and English.
The 2° Investing Initiative (2DII) is an independent, non-profit think tank working to align financial markets and regulations with the Paris Agreement goals.
Globally focused with offices in Paris, Berlin, New York, London, and Brussels, 2DII coordinates some of the world’s largest research projects on climate metrics in financial markets. In order to ensure our independence and the intellectual integrity of our work, we have a multi-stakeholder governance and funding structure, with representatives from a diverse array of financial institutions, regulators, policymakers, universities, and NGOs.
Our work is centered around five core research programs: Retail Investing; PACTA/Climate Scenario Analysis; Emerging Markets; Impact; and Long-term Risk Metrics and Supervision. 2DII’s Retail Investing Program focuses on legal & market research, policy advocacy, development of tools to enable responsible investment, as well as communication campaigns.
You will work primarily on communications for the Retail Investing Program, in addition to contributing to communications efforts for the 2DII network and other research programs as needed.
50-75% of your time will be devoted to the Retail Investing Program, where responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Devising and implementing integrated social media and digital communications strategies for the expansion of MyFairMoney in France and across Europe (targeting audiences in French & English)
- Developing and leading social media/digital campaigns focused around key external and internal milestones (e.g. platform launch, report launches, COP26, TV documentary etc.)
- Coordinating the creation of engaging, well-targeted digital content to help amplify our messaging and reach our primary audiences (planning, writing copy, designing visuals, etc.)
- Crafting surveys, email marketing, newsletters, and other content designed to help build and engage with a strong user base
- Monitoring, measuring, and reporting on key analytics and KPIs of the comms plan
- Project management and liaison with internal/external stakeholders, including partner organizations, external providers, etc.
25-50% of your time will be devoted to other 2DII work, which will include but not be limited to:
- Contributing to thought leadership strategy and deployment on internal & external channels (digital/off-line)
- Working on market / sector analysis:
- Competitive intelligence and benchmarking
- Stakeholder mapping (updating and maintaining a data base of financial institution, regulators, policymakers, universities, NGOs, media, etc.) in all geographical areas where 2DII works, including emerging markets (Latin America, Asia)
- Monitoring the evolution of national, European and international legislation and providing advice to 2DII teams on possible opportunities, working with the Law & Policy Manager
- Monitoring of 2DII partner initiatives, in particular related to the Retail Investing program
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of a brand platform and narrative in collaboration with 2DII staff
- Working to establish, manage, and strengthen relations with 2DII’s high-level partners
- Strengthening synergies between the teams of the different offices as well as between the teams of the different research programmes
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in a similar position, either agency or in-house (public institution, private company, NGO, think tank, etc.)
- Experience in developing and implementing communications strategies
- Ability to clearly convey complex and often technical concepts to a lay audience
- Capacity to work independently as well as part of a team, especially coordinating operational tasks conducted by a communications trainee (alternant)
- Ability to present and communicate effectively with different audiences and to influence across various levels of an organization
- Cross-cultural and interpersonal skills to navigate a global context and coach others on effective interactions
- Excellent written and verbal skills in French and English
- Knowledge of issues related to the climate transition will be a plus.
- Media relations experience will be a plus, with ideally, a roster of journalist contacts at relevant finance/climate outlets
- Willingness to apply even if you don’t tick all the boxes!
We offer you:
- A dynamic, international team passionate about the climate transition
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and a family-friendly working environment
- Chance to grow and collaborate with experts in their field from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Interested in changing finance to tackle climate change? Contact us! Please send your application (CV without picture and brief cover letter in English indicating your earliest possible start date) to: email@example.com. Please feel free to include any examples or case studies of relevant previous work.
2° Investing Initiative is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunities and will take positive action to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants in the conduct of all business activities. We provide equal opportunities to all individuals regardless of religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.
Please note we are only able to accept candidates who are eligible to work in the EU.