Your main assignment will be to lead the conceptual design and development of an open-source climate database on SMEs. For each company, the database will provide an individual physical and transition risk score, based on the geolocation of the firm’s assets, supply chain information, products and service portfolio, and other public data. Furthermore, you will lead a 5-person team, coordinate tasks and report the successes of the project. The project will be located in 2DII’s 1in1000 research stream that focuses on complex risks and long-term supervision. For further information on this project, please see this press release.
- Responsible for the success of a 2-year project on climate-related impacts and risks on/for SMEs
- Lead the design of a new tool/product incorporating climate risks into SME lending processes
- Lead a five-person team and coordinate tasks
- Implement the tool within the organisation and existing 2DII tools, including encompassing documentation.
- Lead the go-to-market of the new tool, support creating the communication and dissemination strategy
- Support on input-data collection concept and collection.
- Support external stakeholders to implement climate-related tool(s) / product(s) targeting SMEs
- Gather and incorporate feedback on new tools from internal and external stakeholders
- Engage with and support other teams where the application of the developed tool intersects with existing 2DII frameworks and research strategies.
- Proven work experience (2-5 years) in sustainable finance, ideally concerning SMEs
- Strong analytical skills that enable you to be the intellectual leader of the project
- Experience in project management, notably bringing large projects to a successful conclusion
- Experience with tech development and product design is a strong plus
- Independent and pro-active style of work
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in agile workstyle with Jira / ADO is a plus
We offer you:
- A dynamic team of developers, data scientists, research and policy analysts, and sustainable finance specialists passionate about the climate transition
- A mission that brings together technology and impact
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and a family-friendly working environment
- An environment for growth and collaboration with people from different backgrounds
- Competitive salary subject to experience
About 1in1000: 1in1000 is a new research program by 2°Investing Initiative that brings together new & existing research projects on long-termism, climate change, and (inter-)connected future risks for financial markets, the economy, and society. Its objective is to develop evidence, design tools, and build capacity to help financial institutions and supervisors mitigate and adapt to future risks and challenges. The program focuses on climate change and the universe of risks and challenges linked to climate change, notably ecosystem service and biodiversity loss, as well as risks from a decline in social cohesion and resilience. To achieve this objective, 1in1000 focuses on three main areas: i) Long-term metrics; (ii) Risk (management) tools and frameworks; and (iii) Policies & incentives.
About 2° Investing Initiative:
The 2° Investing Initiative (2DII) is an independent, non-profit think tank working to align financial markets and regulations with the Paris Agreement goals. Globally focused with offices in Paris, New York, Berlin, London, and Brussels, 2DII coordinates some of the world’s largest research projects on sustainable finance.
The application deadline is 29.10.2021. Please send your application letter to jobs[at]2degrees-investing.org with information on your availability/start date, a CV without a picture, and a short cover letter.
2° Investing Initiative is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunities and will take positive action to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and our applicants in the conduct of all business activities.