The 2° Investing Initiative (2DII) is an independent, non-profit think tank working to align financial markets and regulations with the Paris Agreement goals. Globally focused with offices in Paris, Berlin, New York, London, and Brussels, 2DII coordinates some of the world’s largest research projects on sustainable finance. Our work is focused around four main research streams: Retail Investing; PACTA/Climate Scenario Analysis; Impact; and Long-term Risk Management and Supervision.
2DII’s Retail Investing Program employs data-driven research, legal analysis, product development, and communications tools to integrate sustainability into the retail investing market. One of our key areas of work under this program is the sustainable investing resource platform, MyFairMoney, which covers several countries across the European market (Germany, France, etc.). Learn more here.
The Analyst Intern’s mission will focus on actions to improve the regulatory framework related to environmental marketing claims of financial products and integration of sustainability preferences of clients in the duties of financial advisors.
- Support the organization, coordination and presentations of working groups and meetings with different stakeholders, such as regulators, financial institutions, associations and federations, academics, and members of the civil society
- Support the drafting of reports (research, data collection…)
- Support other research activities such as data analysis from quantitative and qualitative surveys and/or mystery shopping visits
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal skills in French and English – you must be able to have an expert’s conversation in both languages
- Past or current Master’s degree with a primary focus on Business Law, Ethics Law or Environmental Law or related subjects
- Good knowledge on legal topics related to sustainable finance (SFDR, MIFID II, Taxonomy…)
- Interest in understanding financial products
- Strong sense of organization and autonomy
- Able to communicate effectively within a team and to grasp new concepts quickly
- Willingness to apply even if you don’t tick all the boxes!
We offer you:
- A dynamic, international team passionate about the climate transition
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and a family-friendly working environment (hybrid working optional)
- Chance to grow and collaborate with experts in their field from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Competitive internship compensation
Interested in changing finance to tackle climate change? Contact us! Please send your application (CV without picture and brief cover letter in English indicating your earliest possible start date) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome writing samples or case studies of relevant previous work.
2° Investing Initiative is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunities and will take positive action to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants in the conduct of all business activities. We provide equal opportunities to all individuals regardless of religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.
Please note we are only able to accept candidates who are eligible to work in the EU and can provide an internship agreement with their schools or universities.